Monday, February 25, 2013

Love for the Lillards | Maryland Fine Art Photographer

I've dreaded writing this post.  I suppose that's why I've been putting it off.  But the time is now right, and I hope you will all bear with me as I give you a piece of my heart.

As many of you know, my dear friend Chrissi Lillard and her family had a house fire on the night of January 31st.  They lost everything they owned.  They lost their pets.  They lost two of their beloved little girls.

I've had the pleasure of having them in front of my lens a few times, the most recent time being this past October for the FRM minis.
 photo DSC_1363copy-1_zpsd3ef2bd3.jpg

Sweet Sophie
 photo DSC_1427copy_zpsd30179a3.jpg

Beautiful Madigan
 photo DSC_1448copy_zps3d341e71.jpg

I've used these past few weeks to help Chrissi in the ways I know how, and to try and be a comfort to her as best as I can.  I've grieved, for myself and for my friend.  I'm now ready to do something more to help.

Chrissi and her husband want to build a public park in memorial of their precious girls.  If you don't know Chrissi, you don't know just how generous she has always been.  One of the most generous people I've ever met.  The fact that they want to build a park for the public just proves that point.  She is amazing.  And this is where I come in.

I am going to be holding mini sessions to help her raise more money for the park.  When I talked to her about it, she said to me "I don't want you to have to do all of that work."  What she doesn't realize is....I'm honored to do it.  So I'm hoping you all will want to help me help her make this a reality for them.

Mini dates:
Thursday March, 14th 4-5:30
Saturday March 16th, 4-5:30
Thursday March 21st, 4-5:30
Saturday March 23rd, 4-5:30

Each slot is 10-15 minutes long.  Each slot is $150, and you will get 5 digital images to keep.  100% of the amount you give will go directly to the park fund.

At this time, these are the dates I have available for March.  But if I find that there is an overwhelming interest, I will consider adding more dates.

If you are interested, please contact me through my website or by email at tanya@kgleafphotography.com for more details.

Even if you cannot attend one of the minis, I hope you will join me in continuing to pray for the Lillard family.  I also hope to see you out at the many other fundraisers that are still occurring.

No comments: