Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The original baby girl - Maryland | DC Metro | Frederick County Child Photographer

Many people ask me where I came up with the name for my business, and what it means. It's a good question, it seems kind like kind of a silly/weird name after all. But it has great significance to me, because I named my business after my inspirations! The initials of my 3 lovely girls.

Meet the "kg" part of my name, my original baby girl. Ms. K started 2nd grade this year. She loves art and science, and she's a book worm like me! Heck I love art too and was totally into science in school. Well, except chemistry. Ha!

When I was first starting out, I really burned my poor girls out on the camera. It's not really easy to capture them anymore. Because of that and because of the age they're getting to. Either they love it, or they don't. Ms. K, for the most part, doesn't. But she's a good sport. :)

I took these in place of the pictures the school typically does. Which I never buy. And she doesn't understand. Yet. But she will! Typical for her to be all business in her shots.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The nice thing about shooting my own kids is allowing me full creative freedom to shoot things that others might not "get". That shot on the left here is going up BIG somewhere in my house!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Good grief, this is so her. She is the biggest ham!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
As you can see, it was all about the sun this day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are sooooooo beautiful!!! OH MY GOSH those chairs are freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Love love love! And I totally know what you mean, I was just thinking about that last night when I was shooting Jace at the construction site. I have so much creative freedom with him that I don't with others. A lot of my clients have looked me like I was crazy when I suggested certain shots or locations. lol. Then they see the outcome and love it!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, and K is awesome. I love the colors.

I see you're sportin the new logo! I LOVE IT! So you!

Hugs, Christy