Friday, June 20, 2008

Evening light - Maryland | DC Metro | Frederick County Child Photographer

I took my girls out to practice sunset shooting. It's not always easy to get out there and practice shooting, but it's something I try and do regularly to keep my creative juices flowing.


I wouldn't necessarily recommend a sunset shoot, the sun is very fickle and it can be difficult to capture exactly what I envision sometimes. But as a way to end an evening shoot, I think they can turn out beautifully. Evening is my favorite time to shoot, the light is always just gorgeous.

If you're interested in an evening shoot, I suggest getting started around 5 or 5:30. This will give us more flexibility in where we can shoot location-wise. I have a long list of great locations, so email me if you're interested in setting something up but need ideas! I plan on posting images from other locations here on this blog so you can see what they look like, and what exactly the type of feel you're going for in your images.

Stay tuned!

No comments: